Complete Pest Control In Swedesboro, NJ
Swedesboro is noted for being a rustic borough filled with commuters because of its close location to both Wilmington and Philadelphia. Swedesboro is brimming with a diverse restaurant scene, local boutiques, florists, and access to Raccoon Lake. With seasonal conditions that span a chilly and snow-filled winter to a warm and muggy summer, property owners are no strangers to pest problems.
At Preferred Termite and Pest Control, we have more than 30 years of experience working in both the residential and commercial properties of Swedesboro. We provide recurring services in order to guarantee that the customers we serve never have to handle pest problems alone. In addition to the high-quality methods we employ, we are focused on reliable support, exceptional customer care, and fair and honest work. For more information on complete Gloucester County pest control, contact us today.
Residential Pest Control In Swedesboro
When your Swedesboro home is at the risk of developing a pest problem, don’t leave yourself exposed to the health risks and property damage that come along with these issues. At Preferred Termite and Pest Control, we make sure that local homes are completely rid of pests with our 100% satisfaction guarantee. In order to provide the safest living environment possible, we utilize Integrated Pest Management methodologies. This means that we will simultaneously remove any active pests as well as work to keep future issues at bay.
We always begin our process with a detailed property inspection, which allows us to fully grasp the situation at hand. From there, we make mechanical changes to your property and use eco-friendly, scentless products for treatments. When we finish this step, we typically encourage some form of recurring service to keep pests from being an issue in the future. We also focus on educating our customers on the small changes they can make on a daily basis in order to deter pests for a winning combination. For more information on residential pest control, contact us today.
Commercial Pest Control In Swedesboro
As a business owner in Swedesboro, you’re probably all too familiar with the issues that pests can lead to, whether it's damage to your foundation or the increase of health risks. At Preferred Termite and Pest Control, we work alongside businesses in order to customize affordable treatment programs that we guarantee 100%. In order to accomplish this goal, we put our three decades of experience to the test alongside Integrated Pest Management (IPM) methods. By following IPM, we’re able to take the safest path to pest-free results possible. This means that the products we use are eco-conscious and odorless, we favor structural modifications like exclusion, and we work on educating our customers on the simple steps that they can take in order to make their properties less attractive to pests.
We’ll create a customized treatment program based on the findings of our initial property inspection, so whether your business is susceptible to rodents, has a flea problem, or just needs an extra layer of protection from pests, we will find the solution. For more information on commercial pest control that works, contact us today.
Three Tricks To Keep From Bringing Bed Bugs Into Your Swedesboro Home
When bed bugs enter your Swedesboro home, they can be harmful to your health and very difficult to evict. As parasites, it’s their job to feed off of your blood, which makes preventing them all the more important. Try these three tricks in order to keep bed bugs out of your home:
- Inspect yourself. One of the easiest ways that bed bugs spread is by latching onto your personal effects during trips to the store, hotel stays, and spending any time in public. Before returning home, always check yourself for signs of bed bug activity.
- Be careful with used goods. Another very easy way for bed bugs to spread is through secondhand items like mattresses and couches. Always check these items before adding them to your decorative scheme.
- Seal up cracks. For homeowners who have shared walls, having a neighbor with bed bugs can easily lead to a problem of your own. Be sure to insert door sweeps and weatherstripping around loose doors.
For complete bed bug control, contact Preferred Termite and Pest Control today.
Ant Control Tips For Your Swedesboro Home
Ant problems are one of the most frequent nuisance pest outbreaks that can happen in your Swedesboro home. In order to keep a problem from taking place, try these tips:
- Secure all gaps around your foundation from cracks and crevices to openings around doors and windows. Use materials like weatherstripping, caulk, and door sweeps.
- Store all food items in airtight containers.
- Check for leaks on a routine basis and fix any that you spot. Similarly, make sure that faucets, showers, and baths are always fully turned off.
- Take out the trash before it overflows and check the bin between uses for food residue.
- Bring in a pest control professional for extra protection from ants.
To learn more about ant control for your home, contact Preferred Termite and Pest Control today.
Why You Shouldn't Try To Handle Swedesboro Cockroach Problems On Your Own
There’s nothing worse than an infestation of cockroaches running wild around your Swedesboro property. While you may turn to DIY cockroach removal tactics to eradicate this pest, these methods are often less than effective. If you want to get rid of cockroaches for good, you should skip attempting cockroach control yourself and trust in Preferred Termite & Pest Control instead.
Cockroaches are highly unhygienic and introduce several pathogens into your home, including diseases like salmonellosis, plague, dysentery, cholera, and listeriosis. These pests also trigger allergic reactions, asthma, or breathing issues, and are just plain frightening to run into, all reasons why you shouldn’t be dealing with an infestation of this pest alone. When you attempt to remove cockroaches, you may directly put yourself into contact with them, exposing yourself and those around your property to additional risks.
It's also important to note that DIY cockroach control tactics rarely target the root source of your cockroach problem. It takes a professional team to remove cockroaches from all the hard-to-reach areas in your home and ensure they don’t return. When you try to handle Swedesboro cockroach problems alone, you increase your risks of prolonged cockroach problems and return infestations.
Reach out to Preferred Termite & Pest Control immediately if you suspect a cockroach problem has moved onto your property and benefit from our effective removal tactics.
What To Do If You Have A Flea Problem In Your Swedesboro Home
Fleas jumping around your Swedesboro home bring itchy bites, stress, and serious health risks. Fleas are known carriers of illnesses such as plague, murine typhus, cat-scratch fever, and tapeworms, and they can pass these problems to humans or pets in your home. A flea infestation is especially concerning for your beloved animals, as they can also pick up heartworms, struggle with anemia, or experience fatality due to severe flea infestation.
If you have a flea problem in your Swedesboro home, your first step should be to treat your pets for fleas. Brush and bathe your animals to remove fleas, and follow up with veterinarian-approved flea prevention medication. These methods stop the biggest culprits from entering your home.
You can further flea-proof your property by cutting down long grasses outdoors, removing harborage spots like wood piles or piles of debris, and preventing wildlife from entering your property. These critters often drop parasitic pests like fleas, ticks, and mites around your outdoor areas.
For more help dealing with fleas in your Swedesboro home, contact our team of experts at Preferred Termite & Pest Control today.
Three Fast & Helpful Facts Swedesboro Residents May Not Know About Mosquitoes
Mosquitoes in Swedesboro can be quite the nuisance, and multiple bites from this pest lead to itchiness, may trigger allergies, or even pass on serious illnesses. Look at these fast and helpful facts about mosquitoes to learn how to combat and deter infestations:
- Mosquitoes gather in areas that provide plenty of water, access to food, and shelter spaces. Overgrown grasses and swampy, moisture-ridden areas are the biggest draws for mosquitoes.
- Mosquitoes only need a few inches of water to lay their eggs. You need to remove standing water from around your property removed if you want to prevent mosquito breeding.
- Only female mosquitoes bite humans, needing the blood to develop their eggs. They risk transmitting illnesses such as malaria, Zika virus, West Nile virus, and yellow fever to humans.
Also, get rid of mosquitoes around your Swedesboro property by contacting Preferred Termite & Pest Control at the first signs of infestation.
Three Things Swedesboro Residents Can Do to Avoid Rodents
Rodents invading Swedesboro properties bring serious health and safety risks with them. Swedesboro residents need to avoid rodents as much as possible to stay safe from the troubles they cause. Here we give you three essential tips for rodent-proofing your property and ensuring this pest stays far away:
- Seal potential rodent entry points around your property, such as cracks around doors, windows, foundations, and the roof. Use a chew-proof material such as steel wool to keep rodents out.
- Store all leftover food properly, dispose of waste promptly, and clean up any food or drink spills around your property to stop the aroma from attracting hungry rodents.
- Fix moisture issues in the interior and exterior of your property, and clean long grasses or debris piles from outdoor areas to prevent rodents from hiding in these spaces.
If you find that you’re dealing with a rodent problem despite following these prevention tips, don’t hesitate to contact Preferred Termite & Pest Control for rodent control assistance you can count on.