Trusted Pest Solutions For Tri-County, NJ Properties
Located just thirty minutes outside of Manhattan, the region of Tri-County, NJ includes fourteen communities throughout Passaic, Morris, and Essex counties. Living here provides easy access to the Jersey Shore and Upstate New York, and with so much to see and do in the area, life in the Tri-County region is always exciting.
However, there’s some kind of excitement no one wants to experience, such as pest infestation. Pest activity is a year-round problem throughout the Tri-County region, and it’s important for local property owners to consider their pest control needs.
The team at Preferred Termite And Pest Control is here to provide you with Northern New Jersey pest control you can rely on. We are a family-owned and operated company that has been providing Tri-County pest control to local homes and businesses since 2009. We are an employee and client-focused company that is proud of the work we do. With over 30 years of industry experience, we’re confident in our ability to bring you the results you deserve. Give us a call today for the strong solutions to life’s toughest pest problems.
Residential Pest Control In Tri-County, NJ
The best way to guard your Tri-County home against household pest infestation is to reach out to your local experts. Here at Preferred Termite And Pest Control, our residential pest control process includes:
- Looking at rafters, eaves, and roof structures
- Checking bedrooms, bathrooms, closets, garages, basements, etc.
- Looking for habitation & conducive conditions
- Detailed reporting on observations
- Habitat modification & proper sanitation
- Customized treatment action & evaluation
- Complete perimeter treatments
- Power sprays & baseboard sprays
- Ant and cockroach baiting
- Sweeping eaves & removing spider webs
- Interior and exterior programs scheduled as needed
- Weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, or quarterly
Along with our basic pest solutions, we offer additional services for bed bug treatments and mattress encasements, crawl space vapor barriers, temperature sensor vents, long-term maintenance programs, and real estate certifications. Call today to request your free estimate.
Commercial Pest Control In Tri-County, NJ
The team at Preferred Termite And Pest Control has serviced all kinds of businesses, such as hotels, apartments, industrial plants, pre-schools, daycares, and restaurants. When you go with us, you are guaranteed the following:
- Custom pest management programs
- Eco-friendly and scentless pesticides
- Thorough property inspections
- Pest treatment monitoring
- Customer education on the best pest solutions
- Weekly and quarterly application services
Whatever kind of pest problem your Tri-County business is facing, we are here to help you. Get in touch with us today to discuss your commercial pest control needs, and we’ll set up your inspection right away. We look forward to helping you.
Why You Should Call The Pros About Rodents On Your Tri-County Property
Rodents are capable of serious damage and contamination, compromising your safety and your health. To protect yourself and your property from the dangers of rodent infestation, it’s vital to secure professional rodent control services.
Here’s why you should call the pros about rodents on your Tri-County property:
- Rodents cause structural damage that can be dangerous and costly. They live inside wall voids and gnaw on the construction of the building.
- Rodents contaminate your home and insulation with urine and feces. The widespread contamination that rodents cause means that bacteria and pathogens are being spread all around your property. This can lead to a long list of illnesses and diseases, such as tularemia, salmonellosis, leptospirosis, rat-bite fever, and many others.
- Rodents bring other pests into your property, such as fleas and mites, exposing you to further infestation.
Contact the team at Preferred Termite And Pest Control if you want to secure year-round coverage from infestation. We customize our solutions to meet your needs, and our pest-free guarantee gives you the assurance of lasting results. Get in touch with us today to get started.
Cockroaches Causing Problems For Homeowners In Tri-County
Cockroaches are a year-round problem here in Jersey, and it’s safe to say no one wants to deal with these unsanitary critters. Cockroaches like to hide in secluded areas behind appliances, under cabinets, in pantries, and inside garbage containers and other bacteria-laden spaces.
Here are some local cockroaches causing problems for homeowners in Tri-County:
- American Cockroach - These are larger roaches that are reddish-brown in color with a distinct, yellow-colored figure-eight pattern behind their heads.
- German Cockroach - These small, oval-shaped roaches are yellowish-brown with two short black stripes running horizontally from the back of their heads down to the base of their wings.
- Oriental Cockroach - These are very dark brown roaches with smooth, shiny bodies that give off a musty odor. They usually live at or below ground level.
Whatever species you’re dealing with, the fact is that no one wants to stumble across a cockroach, whether it be in the kitchen, bathroom, laundry room, or any other room in the house. Call Preferred Termite And Pest Control to secure the cockroach control and prevention services that you deserve.
How Can I Tell If I Have An Ant Infestation In My Tri-County Home?
Ants are common invaders in New Jersey, especially as the weather cools. If you suspect that you might have an ant infestation, there are many signs to look for in your house. The first and most obvious sign is seeing ants, either dead or alive. Keep in mind that seeing dead ants in traps does not mean you have taken care of your ant problem. As long as the queen is still alive, the colony will continue to grow.
You may see live ants traveling in trails, looking for food sources. Another sign of ants can be seeing their nests. These are most noticeable as mounds in the ground but could also be seen in trees or indoors near food sources or inside walls.
Because ants are attracted to food, they might cause damage to packaging or containers. You might also notice your food spoiling faster than usual. And finally, you might see species-specific issues, like structural damage from carpenter ants or a rotten coconut smell from odorous house ants.
When dealing with an ant infestation, it's essential to identify the type of ant and target their nest to eliminate the problem effectively. Contact us to schedule a visit with a Preferred Termite and Pest Control team member and discover all the effective ant control strategies you can start using today.
Do Bed Bugs In My Tri-County Home Mean It's Dirty?
Bed bugs, the parasitic insects that feast on hosts' blood at night and are notoriously challenging to get rid of, can target any home, regardless of cleanliness. They are attracted to warm-blooded hosts such as humans and not dirt.
Bed bugs often come indoors via secondhand furniture, clothing, or luggage from infested locations. They can even travel inside used books. Once established, they will quickly spread from room to room. Controlling bed bugs requires regular vacuuming, sealing cracks and crevices in your home, using bed bug-proof encasements for mattresses, inspecting used items thoroughly before bringing them in, and more.
Time is of the essence if you are dealing with a bed bug infestation. Call us today to speak with a licensed service member and learn about the various bed bug treatment options Preferred Termite and Pest Control offers.
All The Ways Fleas Can Find Their Way Into Your Tri-County Home
Fleas, just like bed bugs, require blood meals to survive. However, they prefer pet hosts rather than humans whenever possible. Here are some of the ways that fleas can find their way into your home:
- Pets: Pets are the most common way for fleas to enter homes. They can jump from an infested pet to humans or onto surfaces, spreading throughout the house.
- Secondhand Furniture: Fleas can also hitch a ride into homes on secondhand furniture, such as couches or chairs. Checking used items thoroughly for both fleas and flea eggs before bringing them into your home is recommended.
- Wildlife: Wild animals like squirrels or raccoons can bring fleas into homes.
- Neighbors: Fleas can also enter homes through open doors and windows, especially during warm weather when they are more active. If your neighbors have fleas, the infestation might eventually get into your home.
- Yard debris: Fleas can also find their way into homes by hiding in yard debris, such as piles of leaves or firewood, and then moving indoors.
To prevent flea infestations, you must regularly treat pets with flea prevention products, vacuum regularly, and avoid bringing secondhand furniture into the home without thoroughly inspecting it. When this is not enough, Preferred Termite and Pest Control has the expertise for effective flea control in Tri-County homes.
Professional Mosquito Control Is A Great Idea For Your Tri-County Yard
Mosquitoes are the deadliest animal worldwide as they can spread dangerous diseases like the West Nile virus and dengue through painful and itchy bites. In our mosquito control process, we recommend prevention strategies to make treatments less frequent and more effective. These include habit modification like reducing breeding grounds and ongoing evaluations to stop infestations in their tracks.
Professional mosquito control is an excellent idea for several reasons:
- Professional treatments are effective: At Preferred Termite and Pest Control, we use specialized equipment and products that are highly effective in eliminating mosquitoes and reducing their populations. They also free up your time.
- Professional mosquito control is safe: We know how to use mosquito control products safely and effectively, thereby reducing your exposure.
- Mosquitoes can be dangerous: These biting insects can carry diseases like West Nile virus and dengue, making it essential to reduce their populations around homes. Professional control strategies can help reduce your risk of contracting illnesses.
Professional mosquito control is a cost-effective investment if you are concerned about the health risks associated with mosquito bites and need practical and safe solutions. Call us today to learn more about our odorless mosquito control options that are effective against these unwanted invaders and protect the local environment.